Arma's high-tech black Oxi-Zone leg protectors are specially designed for high-performance horses and offer not only optimal shock absorption and fit but also unbeatable breathable properties that minimize the risk of overheated tendons - ideal for keeping your horse's legs as cool as possible, especially during tough rides or on the hottest competition days.
The horse's lower legs are designed in a way that exposes the tendons to a very high load. However, since there is not much extra supportive tissue in the lower leg and around the tendons, or at least not more than is absolutely necessary for the springy elasticity, it is not uncommon for horses to suffer from various types of tendon injuries. And that type of injury often requires a long rest period to heal.
By choosing high-quality leg protectors that cover and protect the most delicate parts of the horse's legs and absorb the force from various shocks and impacts, you can reduce the risk of tendon injuries. High-quality leg protectors also provide increased stability to both tendons and joints, which in turn reduces the risk of overstretching, overstraining, or improper loading.
However, the downside is that tendon protectors, by enclosing the horse's legs, which is also necessary to protect the tendons from shocks and impacts, often trap and store heat around the horse's legs. Heat that, if it becomes too high, risks damaging the tendon tissue.
Arma's leg protectors provide adequate protection against shocks and impacts and have been designed with perforated TPG foam, made from recycled material, waffle-woven lining, and extra shock-absorbing EPA reinforcements in the most vulnerable areas. But the difference with the exclusive Oxi-Zone technology is the unique combination of beeswax-shaped Air Motion 3D mesh, directed ventilation in the protectors' outer shell, and an inner fabric with an open structure. Oxi-Zone protectors, therefore, unlike many other tendon protectors, offer 360° ventilation and optimal airflow. They dissipate heat, reduce moisture levels, and simply keep the air around the horse's legs circulating, instead of trapping moisture and raising the temperature.
And as if that weren't enough, the ventilated leg protectors are also equipped with Pierce Proof metal mesh to prevent penetration of sharp objects and debris.
The protectors have elastic straps and are quickly and easily fastened with the adjustable button closure. This model has a stylish, classic look, but if you want something a little extra luxurious, and perhaps especially fluffy, there is also a model with an edge in soft faux fur.
Sold in pairs.
- Oxi-Zone Breathable Technology
- Beeswax-shaped Air Motion 3D mesh promoting optimal airflow
- 360° ventilation that dissipates heat, reduces moisture levels, and keeps the air circulating
- Strong, durable exterior
- FlexFit shell in molded TPU, with directed ventilation
- Low-weight shock-absorbing TPG foam with waffle-woven, moisture-wicking lining on the inside. Made from recycled material
- Reinforced with EVA foam in the most vulnerable areas for extra shock absorption
- Pierce Proof metal mesh to prevent penetration of sharp objects and debris
- Elastic straps with adjustable button closure for quick and secure fitting
- Global Recycle Standard (GRS) - CU1134936GRS-2022-00020462, applies to the perforated TPG foam