Roughly ground rosehip powder from Back On Track, made from 100% rosehips of the Rosa Canina variety. Giving rosehips to active, competing, and older horses has been popular for a long time because it is a natural source rich in C-vitamin, E-vitamin, lycopene, beta-carotene, galactolipids, and flavonoids.
Rosehip powder is primarily given to horses with worn or heavily stressed joints, which is particularly common in hardworking horses or older horses. The rosehips used in the production are wild-grown rosehips that have been handpicked in Chile at high altitudes and then dried in an oven, preserving their high quality and vitamin content. Much of the nutrition is found in the skins, which is why Back on Track's rosehip products consist of 98% skins to maximize the nutritional content.
- Supports the horse's/dog's joints
- Source of C-vitamin, E-vitamin, lycopene, beta-carotene, galactolipids, and flavonoids
- Wild-grown rosehips for the highest quality
- Oven-dried for preserved quality
- 100% Rosa Canina
- Roughly ground
Back On Track's rosehip powder is also available as fine ground organic.
It is advisable to soak the powder and administer it with the horse's or dog's regular feed. Do not exceed the recommended dose.
Horses & ponies:
- Standard dose (normal activity) - 5 g/100 kg
- Heavy competition or training - 10 g/100 kg
Faster results can be achieved by doubling the dose for one month. At a dose of 30g/day (standard dose for a 600kg horse), 900g will last for approximately 30 days, and 1500g for approximately 50 days.
- Up to 15kg - 5ml/day
- Between 15-30kg - 7.5ml/day
- Dog over 30kg - 10ml/day
(3g equals 5 ml = 1 tsp)
Competition Withdrawal Period
- Competitions in Sweden and competitions governed by NEMAC - 0h withdrawal, no withdrawal period
NEMAC's (Nordic Equine Medication and Anti-doping Committee) withdrawal list includes the Swedish Equestrian Federation (SvRF), Swedish Gallop (SG), Swedish Trotting (ST), and the Swedish Icelandic Horse Association (SIF), as well as the Norwegian Trotting Association (DNT), Norwegian Jockey Club (NJ), Danish Trotting Central Federation (DTC), and Danish Gallop (DG).
- FEI - 0h withdrawal, no withdrawal period
Rosehip skins 98%, rosehip seeds 2%